Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Organizing Your Coupons (where to begin)

If you're new to couponing, like I am, you might be looking for a way to organize all those coupons you've been clipping. I'm starting out by showing you several very inexpensive ways to get started.
This first coupon organizer is probably the most popular, as well as the cheapest organizer out there. They can be found in just about any store for around $1. Various catagories are listed in this accordian style organizer. This is great if you're looking for something easy to carry. It'll also fit in most purses and also diaper bags. An easy "grab'n'go" organizer.

Another very inexpensive organizer and a good "grab'n'go" is a 4x6 photo album. You can find these in most $1 stores. I made this one for my Mom. I simply printed out labels for the catagories she wanted. It fits in her purse and is easy to carry.

I found this box at Wal-Mart for under $2, the index cards were about 0.50 cents. Using the index cards, make dividers for your catagories. You can use small sticky notes for your divider tabs or purchase them. Also makes a good recipe box.


I purchase this box at Michael's for $2.25 (retail is $4.49, I had a 50% off coupon!). It's original purpose was to store photo's. For using as a coupon organizer, label envelopes for the catagories you need and make your own dividers. You may not think you need this large of an organizer, however, before you know it your coupons GROW! :)



These are also at Michael's for $5.99, use a 50% off coupon and get it for $3! These are metal and pretty with the tye dye colors. I don't think envelopes will stand up in these, but depending on your number of catagories, you may not need them to. I just thought they were cute and inexpensive!




Another cute and inexpensive organizer is this metal "lunchbox" type box, also at Michael's. $6.49, but with a 50% off coupon they'll be $3.25! Use envelopes for catagories and make your own tabs. Another plus is the handle, making it easy to carry.
I think another really thrifty way to make an organizer is to use a shoebox wide enough for your envelopes to stand up. For anyone who is creative or loves to scrapbook, you could have a jazzed up, personalized, coupon organizer in no time! Imagine the possibilites! :)
*Any shoebox shaped, or rectangular, box will fit really well in the front part of the buggy. You can find many plastic shoebox containers at most stores for around $1 to $3. Some will even have handles.
The next coupon system I'll show is the "binder method". This is the one I use and I love it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Of Our Favorites :)