Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My K-Mart Deals- Day #3


As a new "couponer", I couldn't resist one last trip to K-Mart for DOUBLING days! My order was a bit messed up due to the fact I had an O'lay body wash coupon, which went through fine, however, when the cashier told me the total was $11 something, I was like "No, it should be maybe $5 or $6." Long story short, the body wash was NOT on sale and it was stocked in the WRONG place. Needless to say, they took it off my order and credited it back to my bank card. I was a little aggravated, but non-the-less I walked away with really good deals. :) I'm going to break it down for you with the body wash on it then show you the credit.

O'lay Body Wash $6.49
Kotex Panty Liners $1.29 (I got these FREE!)
Stayfree $3.59
Greased Lightening Cleaner $2.99
Honey Nut Chex Mix $2.99
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Eggs (King Size) 0.63x3= $1.89 (these were 50% off)

Sub-Total (before taxes): $19.24
Total Coupons After Doubling: $8.79
Total Paid w/tax: $11.27

Then I realized the mistake with the body wash. After having a chat with customer service, they refunded the cost of the body wash less the amount of the coupon.

Total Refund: $5.87
Total Paid (after doubling coupons & refund): $5.40!

*I feel like I did really well today because we all know how expensive cereal and feminine products are! The chocolate eggs kinda just fit right in there, huh?! :) *I'm also getting a nice supply of cleaning products going, which is quite helpful because my part-time job is cleaning houses.
*After looking over my receipt, I realized I was over-charged for the Stayfree Pads! The sign said $2.99 (I read it!), and I was charged $3.59. Yes, I plan to complain about that. I find this is a common way for big companies to make extra money! This Coupon Chick will be speaking up!
*Please look over your order BEFORE you pay. Cashiers CAN print a receipt out BEFORE you pay if you ask them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Of Our Favorites :)